Hello everyone, summer is fast approaching and we have the the best multi-sport summer camp for you! Do you want to play over 15 sports and have loads of fun? Register today at Sports Discovery Camp!
It is time for our Canada Day themed contest!
This is how the contest works:
▶️ The first step is to like, tag 3 friends you think would enjoy Sports Discovery Camp this summer and share our Facebook post to be eligible to win a free week of camp!:)
▶️ The second step is the fun part! Tell us what your favourite moment was in Canadian sports history. It can be any sport and any moment! Record a video of your children explaining to us why that moment is their favourite Canadian sports moment! Be creative!!!
❗❗❗Post you video or picture with the hashtags #CanadaDayContest #SDCContest and tag @SportsDiscoveryCamp. Don’t forget to make your post public so we can see it. If you don’t want to, post it on your timeline and also on this post’s comments. You have until June 27th to post it.
The best way to celebrate Canada Day is to give your child is a free week at Sports Discovery Camp!!! The winner will be announced on June 28th. Stay tuned!
For this week’s Top 5, we are going to give you SDC’s top 5 Canadian sporting moments. You can use one of our moments if you would like to for the contest. Just explain why that moment meant the most to you!
- Terry Fox runs across Canada - Not only in the eyes of Canadians but in the eyes of everyone in the world, Terry Fox was a hero. He ran almost a marathon every day for 143 days, with an amputated leg. The Marathon of Hope aimed to raise $1 million to fund new cancer treatments. It’s now raised $750 million dollars and counting. There are now 4,000 Terry Fox Runs that take place every year in 56 nations.
Don’t forget that every family registered at Sports Discovery Camp will receive a free copy of “The Man Behind the Marathons: How Ron Calhoun Helped Terry Fox and Other Heroes Make Millions for Charity.” A book that for the first time ever, tells the real story behind these heroic endeavours from the man that made them happen.
You can’t miss it.
- Sidney Crosby scores the golden goal - Canada was in the finals against their arch rivals the USA for the gold medal game of the 2010 winter Olympics. After Canada was winning 2-0 the USA rallied back to send the game to overtime. Crosby left his mark of Canadian fans that night after he beat Ryan Miller five-hole to win the Hockey gold medal for Canada.
- Blue Jays winning back-to-back World Series - Toronto became the first baseball team from outside the U.S to win the World Series. They won the title in 1992 and 1993 and gave Jays fans two years they will never forget.
- Mike Weir wins the Masters - Mike Weir became the first Canadian and the first southpaw ever to win the Masters for Golf. He had to fight back to earn a spot in the playoff round. One hole for the most prestigious title in the game. Weir kept it together for the previous 72 holes and found the mental strength to win the playoff hole along with the title.
- Jordan Eberle world juniors - Canada trailed Russia 5-4 in the semi finals as the clock only had a few second left on it. Eberle scored a crucial goal with just five seconds remaining in regulation to make it one of the most memorable moments in Canada's history at the Hockey tournament. Canada ended up winning the game in a shootout and went on to beat Sweden in the finals 5-1.
We hope you enjoyed our top 5 Canadian sporting moments and we are looking forward to hear which ones are your favourites!
Multi-Sports Summer Camp
At Sports Discovery Camp, our games and drills are focused on building great people through sports. Don't forget to register for the best multi-sports summer camp in Ontario! We have 9 different camp locations you can choose from!
Sign your child up for our camp today while you can still take advantage of our buy one get one free promotion!