Hello SDC family, if you’re looking for local sports camps this summer check out our website to learn more about all of the amazing sports we have to offer! There are 9 different locations for you to choose from!
We have a very unique sport to bring to your attention today. It’s a mixture of two very popular sports, hockey and soccer! But do these two sports really mix well together? See for yourself right here!
This weeks sport of the week is called ice football, which is a sport that is televised in Germany. If you are passionated about soccer and hockey you will love to learn more about this game!
Rules Of Ice Football
- Ice football is very similar to soccer, where the objective is to kick the soccer ball into your opponents net while defending your net.
- Like soccer you are not able to touch the ball with your arms or hands.
- However, unlike soccer you are not able to slide tackle your opponent and you aren’t allowed to use your head to touch the ball in any way.
- Offsides are very different in ice football compared to soccer and hockey. Offsides aren’t called based off of going offside but rather by how many players are inside the defensive blue line.
- Games are typically 30–60 minutes depending on the league that’s playing.
- The games are played on a full sized hockey rink and each team plays with nine players on the ice at a time.
- The positions of the nine players are: six slammers/blockers, two backs, and the goal keeper.
- This game’s soccer ball is a unique ball which has a special shape, weight, and covering designed to provide interesting and lively competition on the ice.
Learn More About Our Local Sports Camps
At Sports Discovery Camp, we use sports as tools to develop important life skills that our campers need in their every day lives. You won’t play ice football, buy you will play soccer and ball hockey. Also, you can be inspired by these unique sports to create your own sport. That’s right, at Sports Discovery Camp you will activate your creative side and create your own sport!!!
You don’t have to be an athlete to experience the power of sport!
We want to give children a chance to try as many sports as we can in the hopes they find a sport they’re truly passionate about. You never know what you like or what you’re good at until you try it! It may be soccer, hockey, football or even ice football. If you’re looking for local sports camps be sure to check us out and give your child a chance to develop a new passion this summer!
Be sure to take advantage of our buy one get one free promotion while quantities last! When you register your child for one week of camp they will get a second week absolutely free. The free week can be used on a different week of camp or can be used for another child for that same week. Check it out here!
Have you heard about the incredible new products SDC are selling? Check them out here!