For this week’s sport of the week we are going to discuss a sport that goes under the radar. It’s a very common and well known sport that most people have probably played before. This weeks sport of the week is ping pong!
- A game of ping pong is played in a best 3 of 5 game series.
- For each game, the first player to score 11 points wins that game, however the game has to be won be two points.
- A point is scored once a player isn’t able to return the ball or the server fails to do a proper serve.
- The edges of the table are part of the legal table surface, but not the sides.
- Each player serves two points in a row and then switches server.
- If a score is 10-10, then each server serves only one point at a time and then the server is switched.
- After each game, the players switch sides of the table. In game five the players switch sides again after either player reaches 5 points.
- The ball must hit your side of the table before it goes over the net on a serve.
- If the serve is legal except that it touches the net, it is called a let serve. Let serves do not count for any points and the server serves again.
Check out our amazing sports machines!
SDC has just launched our products page where you can purchase some incredible sports machines. We have a wide variety of sports machines to offer such as basketball, volleyball, badminton, soccer and many more!
SDC offers sports where children will develop leadership skills, communication and respect in sport. Our innovative program is what differentiates us. Our campers have the freedom to choose which sports they play each day. It’s our goal to make sure each camper feels comfortable playing any sport they want to. We build more than players, we build people!
You don’t need to be an athlete to experience the power of sports.😉
Be sure to take advantage of our buy one get one free promotion while quantities last! When you register your child for one week of camp they will get a second week absolutely free. The free week can be used on a different week of camp or can be used for another child for that same week. Check it out here!