Hello SDC family, summer is here and we are ready for an unforgettable summer camp, are you? There are over 15 different sports for us to play and have fun together. Can you imagine what a blast we will have? Playing Spikeball, KanJam, Soccer, Speedminton and more!!!
We have a very interesting sport to bring to your attention today. It’s similar to baseball however, there are also many differences between the two sports. If you’re not familiar with cricket check out this video!
This week’s”Sport Of The Week” is cricket and this sport is an Australian national pastime. If you are passionate about baseball you might want to learn more about this sport too!
Rules Of Cricket
- Cricket is played between two teams with eleven players on each team.
- The game is played with at least one inning where each team will take turns batting and fielding/bowling.
- The fielding team will have their bowler bowl throw the ball to the batsman who attempts to hit the ball with their bat.
- The fielding team tries to get the batsmen out by hitting the wickets with the ball when bowling. By catching a batsman’s shot before it hits the ground. By hitting the batsman’s leg in front of the wicket. Or by hitting the wickets before the batsmen can run to the other end of the pitch.
- The batsmen attempts to score as many runs as possible before getting out by hitting the ball and running between the wickets and making it to the other end before the fielders can hit the wickets with the ball.
- Each time a player runs one full length of the pitch it counts for 1 run.
- If the ball is hit past the boundary with a ground ball it counts for 4 runs.
- If the ball is hit over the boundary without touching the group it counts for 6 runs.
- The fielding team must get 10 batsmen out before they can change over and start batting.
- The objective of the game is to score as many runs as possible before the fielding team takes 10 wickets.
- Whichever team that has the most runs once the game has ended wins.
Learn More About Our Local Summer Camps
SDC offers sports to help children develop leadership skills, communication and respect in sport. Our innovative program is what differentiates us. Our campers have the freedom to choose which sports they play each day. It’s our goal to make sure each camper feels comfortable playing any sport in the hopes they will leave with a new passion.
Also, we have the latest in sports equipment technology that make our drills even more enjoyable, while permitting campers to experience the power of sports according to their level. By respecting that, we will help them to build their self confidence as well as make sports fun for them!
Be sure to take advantage our our buy one get one free promotion while quantities last! When you register your child for one week of camp they will get a second week absolutely free. The free week can be used on a different week of camp or can be used for another child for that same week. Check it out here!
Have you heard about the incredible new products SDC are selling? Check them out!