Hello sports fanatics, are you looking for great summer camps in Hamilton? Fantastic, because you’re in the right place, SDC is the camp for you! We offer a wide variety of different sports for children to try in the hopes they discover a new passion! The best part is that Sports Discovery Camp is not only in Hamilton, we have 9 locations for you.
Summer is fast approaching and that means your children will be home soon and you will hear the familiar “mom/dad I’m bored”. But you don’t have to worry. We are here to provide you with fun backyard games to keep your children busy all summer long!
For the game of bump all you need are two basketballs, a basketball net and a marked free throw line.
The object of the game is to “bump” the other players out of the game by making a shot before the person behind you in line does. Any number of players are able to play this game.
- All players line up at the free throw line with the first two players having a basketball in their hands.
- The first player shoots and tries to make their basket from the free throw line.
- After the first player shoots their basketball, the second player then shoots.
- If the first player misses their shot they must follow their rebound and try to make a basket from anywhere in the playing area.
- The game at this point is between player one and two.
- If player two makes a shot before the first player, then player one is “bumped” from the game.
- If player one makes their shot, the ball should be rebounded and immediately passed to the third player in line. The contest is now between players two and three.
- Players can also use their basketball to “bump” the other players basketball away from the playing area. You may not bump the ball out of someones hands or during a shot, you can only bump the ball on a missed shot.
This is a classic basketball game that never gets old and will keep your children and their friends busy for hours! Our Backyard Games series is dedicated to helping parents find fun backyard games for their children to play and to keep them busy and having fun during the summer!
Take pictures of your children and their friends playing bump and tag us on Facebook! We would love to see them enjoying the beautiful weather!
Be sure to register at our summer camps in Hamilton today! We have our campers play a wide variety of sports while also teaching them important soft skills. Our main goal is to impact our camper’s lives so they succeed in the future!
We build people over players.
Free Summer Camp Week!
Don’t forget to take advantage while you still can!! You will get a free week of camp!! 😱😉😱 This is not a joke. Register your child now for one week of camp and get a second week absolutely free to any location of your choice!