Hello everyone. Today we are discussing the top 5 most popular sports for children. It's always a challenge for parents to know which sports to enrol their children in and we want to help. We are hoping this list will be able to give parents some ideas about which sports are the most popular around the world. Here they are!
- Soccer - The easiest sport in the world to play due to the fact you only need a playing area and a ball. Soccer is played by 250 million people in over 200 countries, making it the world's most popular sport. It's called the "beautiful game" for a reason and it's because it gives just about everyone the chance to play.
- Swimming - Swimming is a very important sport to learn. It's used for the purpose of recreation, sport and exercise. Swimming is consistently found to be among the top recreational activities undertaken by the public. Some countries even make swimming lessons a part of their educational curriculum.
- Volleyball - Volleyball is a team sport which is often introduced to children in elementary school. It has been a part of the official program of the Summer Olympic Games since 1964. It's a fantastic sport that helps develop sportsmanship and teamwork.
- Running - There's almost nothing children like more than to run around with their friends. With the introduction of cross country and track & field, children are able to put their energy into this sport. Whether it's a 100 meter sprint or a 5 kilometre run, competitive running offers a wide range of distances that children can compete in.
- Basketball - Just like volleyball, basketball is introduced to children in elementary school. Basketball is a great sport physically and is very enjoyable. It's a sport that builds teamwork and fair play among its players.
We hope you have enjoyed our list of the top 5 most popular sports for children! Here at Sports Discovery Camp, it's our mission to ensure all of our campers have the opportunity to play a wide variety of sports in a fun environment. Why only focus on one sport when there are so many out there to try!
Sports Discovery Camp gives children a chance to find a sport that they are truly passionate about. If your child loves trying all kinds of different types of sports, go to our website and sign them up for our camp today!
Besides the traditional, they will also be introduced to new sports such as speedminton and spikiball. And the best part: they will create their own!
Register here https://sportsdiscovery.camp/registration/
Holton, S. (n.d.). The Best Sports for Kids. For The Kids. Retrieved from https://www.ranker.com/list/best-kids-sports/dad-of-the-year